Thursday 26 July 2012

Live For Today

Saying farewell to our pet cat Jess last week was very difficult as he had been part of the family for 16 years. We have laid him to rest in the back garden and I will plant a rose bush so that eventually there will be a lot of colour and tranquility in this area.

Following events this week, I was reminded of how fragile life is and how  the comforts and situations we often take for granted, can change so easily. Since retiring I have a different outlook on life and I can now enjoy each day and live in the 'now', rather than waiting for weekends and holidays.

Over the weekend we visited my eldest daughter and her family who were camping in Anglesey. A lovely island and the campsite was near the beach with some beautiful views of the undulating countryside. Ideal for the children with no TV, just the open air to play games and enjoy the fresh air. Most of the day was spent on the beach catching crabs and small fish, whilst I sat on the beach and enjoyed the scenery and the 'holiday feeling'. Still can't do much as my toe is yet to heal!

A couple of days later we were off in the other direction to visit my youngest daughter in Chester. A lovely ramble along the River Dee, through the racecourse and finally, shopping in the town centre. We haven't had sunny weather since April as it has rained and rained so we took advantage of the warm summer evening and enjoyed a BBQ and wine.


I think that both daughters wanted to distract me from missing Jess around the home. I do miss our cat but I have some treasured memories and living in the 'now' is highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment