Sunday 28 July 2013

Take a Breath!


I thought retirement was meant to be full of rest and  relaxation.Well none of that for us, we haven't stopped still
since John retired and sometimes the days are blurred as we speed through like a whirlwind. But we are enjoying our new found life and there will be ample time for R and R  in the future.



We celebrated the wedding of our daughter in May. A truly wonderful day, marked with happiness, lots of love and good weather. As a small child I learnt, through the catholic catechism, that 'God is love'. I have come to understand, after a long journey, that God is in all love, whether they be heterosexual or homosexual relationships. I recognised this love that day and wish them a long and happy 'marriage'.

Continuing on the wedding theme, my youngest daughter is getting married next year to her childhood sweetheart. She met him at school 11 years ago and he proposed to her last year. She has already chosen the venue, photographers and most importantly - has chosen and ordered her wedding dress.

The caravan we bought is proving to be one of the best purchases we have made. We travel to Wales frequently now and have spent many happy days either on our own or with visiting family. I am sure I am energised and revitalised by the greenery and the mountains as soon as I cross the border. We walk for miles and try to swim daily, that should keep us fit in retirement.

The scenery never ceases to amaze me and I have painted my first oil painting which is of the Headland around the bay. I have plenty other scenes and sites that I would like to capture on canvas and hopefully sell to other owners on the site. With this in mind I have started to develop a web page where anyone may browse or buy - http://essellart.moonfruit.com/ 
I will upload more paintings here when they are completed.


Finally, we have put our house up for sale. Inevitably now there is only the two of us, we are looking to downsize and move areas as we are no longer tied to workplace nor schools. We don't mind if the new house is in need of a bit of renovation or 'ready to move in'. We will probably look to buy a bungalow so that we won't need to be moving again in the future.



What was I saying about R and R? We already have major stress factors in our lives - weddings and house moves. 
Bring it on!!
And breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment