Sunday 15 April 2012

21 and counting

When I was 21, I remember an old man saying that he wished he was 21 again and knew what he knew now. It must have made some kind of impression on me because I remember that encounter well. Only now that I am older, do I fully realise what he meant and so I have compiled my list of 21 'would and would not's' so that I can truly say - 'if only I was 21 again and knew what I know now'.

  1. I would value my own opinion
  2. I would alter my priorities
  3. I would only work to live not live to work
  4. I would converse with more people
  5. I would live and let live
  6. I would appreciate 'me' as a unique person
  7. I would think first, then act
  8. I would be more assertive
  9. I would be more patient
  10. I would know that money doesn't grow on trees
  11. I would know that true friends are a Godsend
  12. I would not 'need' that sports car
  13. I would know that after every sad time comes the smiley time
  14. I would know that my first love was not the best
  15. I would not try to please everyone
  16. I would know there is a grand scheme of things
  17. I wouldn't attach so much importance to things
  18. I wouldn't be as self conscious but more confident
  19. I wouldn't need to check my appearance for the umpteenth time
  20. I wouldn't start to smoke 
  21. I wouldn't live for weekends and holidays
 But hey, that is now me, umpteen years later and if I knew then what I know now, what would there have been to learn!!

What would your 21 pearls of wisdom be?

No comments:

Post a Comment