Saturday 22 December 2012

My Brother John



My brother John

You have always been a part of my life, from me being born to growing old.
I remember you in short pants going to school, shy, quiet and not much to say.

Then as a teenager, you were a ‘rocker’ on your motor bike with your friends and their bikes, congregating outside the gate, reving and tinkering with the bikes. Your longer hair growing more wavey. Our poor mum must have been demented with worry.

 Then as a single dad, you did your best with four small kids to rear.
 I remember the times I visited you in your flats, when the family had left home. You had found your voice and were no longer shy and reserved.

You loved the horses and the whiskey too. (just like dad) and John, you could show your caring side when you wanted to because you were a big softy at heart.






You cleaned windows for many a year until you confessed to growing old and having creaky knees.
As the years went on, you developed a kinship with our brother Colin and became good friends.
You were strong John and nobody’s fool as you knew your limitations and kept your independence.

John, thank you for being my older brother, you made me proud and you have my respect.
Thank you for your love and friendship.
 I know that you are with mum and dad now and I wish you eternal peace and happiness and abounding love.

Goodbye my brother, until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment