Friday 2 November 2012

Life




Life with its twists and turns, its heartbreaks, its joys.
What is around the corner? What is it that lurks ahead?
A life that rolls on continuously, despite the bumps,
A life that that hits you hard, knocks you off your feet instead.


Got to face the world head on and use the props to support
Try to understand this 'topsy turvy' world at my feet
Another stride, another road. a path that leads me on
With no control nor desire to claim what I may meet.


A period of calm, a troubled phase, who knows? We are what we are,
Tasting the sweet effects and also the sourness of life
Clashes, hurts, comforts, love, churned together, all mixed up
Make sense of your being, amidst the love mixed with the strife.
 

Solutions blurred through misty eyes, a fog refusing to shift,
No directions visible to give guidance in navigating the haze
Clinging to a hope that who I am will carry me through,
A hope that I will soon be guided out of the maze.


There is no choice, get up, dust down, carry on and face the world,
Turn down the dial, turn the corner, turn the other cheek.
Soothe my soul, make clear my way, the path I need to take, 
Brighten my horizon that I may tread wisely in another week.




No comments:

Post a Comment